Sunday, January 2, 2011

2 Months In

William is 2 month old today. We did it. Well, so far, we've managed okay. I wouldn't say I'm achieving "flying colors" in motherhood...but we're all surviving, which is certainly something.

He is smiling a TON, rolling over from his stomach to his back on occassion and trying desperately not to nap. Or at least not to nap for more than 30 minutes (almost to the MINUTE) at a time. I'm not sure if that is because he only wants/needs to sleep for 30 minutes at a time...or if he just can't get through to the next "phase" of sleep and wakes up...and then is awake enough to remember, "hey! I'm hungry!". :)

Either way, we'll figure things out eventually.

He's showing a bit more interest in toys, but still doesn't like being set down on his playmat...or his swing...or his bouncy chair. He much prefers being in someone's arms or lap. This is a feature that I'm finding incredibly frustrating now, but that I'm sure I'll miss when he is out of the "cuddle-able" phase and into little boyhood.

He has is 2 month check-up on Tuesday and he has to get a bunch of shots (I think 4 or so). Ouch. But it will also be good to check in on his weight, length, etc. and to make sure everything is on track. By the looks of his cheeks, though, I can already tell he is gaining weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment