- William is still a big, big boy. The ladies at his daycare seem especially impressed with his size as they are always talkinga bout how much he eats and today asked me, "was he a big baby when he was born?"
- He finally got his "bad report card" from the new daycare. They asked, rather timidly, if "William was very demanding at home." Ha - demanding? That's putting it lightly! They did say that they have learned not to put him in his highchair until his food is READY. :)
- He seems oh-so-close to walking. I think he'll certainly be walking by his birthday.
- We think he's saying his first word - "book". And boy oh boy, does he love books. LOVES books. They are hands down his favorite kind of toy lately.
- I taught him to hold his play phone up to his ear ("Hello, is baby home? Can I speak to baby?"). Well, apparently he didn't get the connection with it being a phone you hold up to your ear and instead holds ALL TOYS up to his ear and makes a sound that sounds like "hello?") It's super adorable.
- He cut another tooth on the bottom...I feel like the 8th tooth (the corresponding one on the other side) must be right behind this one. He wakes up at night when he is teething and is difficult to soothe. Poor thing. Must be really painful. Oddly, his bottom teeth have been the biggest culprits...the top ones don't seem to bother him as much.
I'm glad I documented our "typical day" a few months ago. Things have certainly changed. Now a typical day looks like this:
6-6:30am - I wake up and get ready
7am - William wakes up and we head downstairs for his morning bottle
7:45 - 8am - I get him dressed and head out the door to daycare
8 - 8:30am - I stroll him to daycare (which is awesome). Beaux comes with us.
8:30 - 9am - walk home from daycare with an empty stroller. I look a little ridiculous, but only one person so far has said, "you lost your baby". I do think a lot of people think it is weird though.
9-9:30am - get ready for work (change out of walking clothes, have some coffee, etc.)
9:30am - settle in to work for the day - sometimes from home and sometimes from The Workbox (http://www.attheworkbox.com/)
9:30 - 5:30 - work, work, work, with a few errands here and there
5:30 - head out (this time in the car) to pick the boy up from daycare. usually when I get there he is all smiley and happy and adorable. He now knows that I keep a pacifier in the cupholder of his carseat, so as soon as his butt hits the seat he grabs it and pops it in his mouth...even before I get his seatbelt buckled.
5:45pm - we're home and play until dinnertime.
6:15pm - William eats dinner. so super fun to watch - he love love loves to eat. His favorites are canned pears, fresh blueberries, tofu, and black beans...but he'll eat just about anything.
6:30pm - He heads up to bathtime - usually Michael does the bath. It's a father son thing.
6:45pm - bedtime bottle - sometimes he takes it, somtimes he doesn't...sometimes he takes half. The boy is unpredictable.
7:00pm - W goes to bed. He is such a good sleeper right now - you just take him up, turn on his sound machine, hand him his paci and blankie and off he goes. He makes these little "mmmm, mmmm, mmmm" noises as he gets cozy and settles in.
7:00pm - 8:30pm - we prepare and eat dinner.
8:30 - 10:00pm - watch tv, etc. Prepare W's bottles for daycare for the next day.
10:00 - 11:00pm - somewhere in the neighborhood of when we go to bed.
...and then we start all over again the next day.