William turned 6 months old last week and today we had his 6-month check-up.
Weight - 17lbs 9oz (50th percentile)
Height - 27" (75th percentile)
Head - 17 1/4" (50th percentile)
- Still pretty lazy. He HAS rolled over from his stomach to his back, but he doesn't do it very often.
- He has not yet rolled from back to stomach.
- We successfully unswaddled him and now he both naps and sleeps without being wrapped up. Now, with more mobility in his arms and legs when he sleeps, he wakes up in different positions than we last left him in...with his head where his feet were and his feet where his head was. He oftentimes can be found sleeping on his side.
- He's doing a little sitting now, but topples over after about 30 seconds or so.
- William continues to be a good eater - and has not refused ANY food that we've offered him (his list is now: sweet potatoes, bananas, avocados, green beans, peas, butternut squash, apples, carrots, rice cereal and oatmeal).
- He can now hold his own bottle. (He also can recognize his bottle from across the room and if he is hungry, there is NO getting around giving it to him.) The boy definitely takes after his parents in his strong desire to eat. Yum.
- He's already growing out of his 6 month clothes, and even one pair of size 6-9 month pants had to be put away because they were too small.
- Most socks will still not stay on his chubby little feet. Michael thinks it is because he has cankles.
- He's still laughing, but still a tough crowd. Michael by far gets the most laughs out of him. He still doesn't seem to think I'm very funny.
- He's still not a good napper - especially at daycare, where he only sleeps in 5-10 minute increments...but his nighttime sleep has improved and now he does a pretty good job sleeping from 7pm-ish until 6am-ish.